This recipe grew out of a mistake – and it turned out great. I had intended to make a quick version of my Confetti Corn but as I was getting spices out for the Southwest Grilled Turkey Cutlets I inadvertently added some of the spices to the cooking corn. Some of the best mistakes turn out for the better! Skillet-roasting the corn gives it a grilled flavor and the spices give it a kick to bump up the flavor of the corn.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pkg (12 oz) frozen whole kernel corn
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add corn; cook 5 - 7 minutes or until corn starts to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion, red and green bell peppers, chili powder,cumin and salt and pepper and saute with corn for about 5 - 7 minutes.