Sometimes the best recipes are those that are not complicated by a long list of ingredients or elaborate cooking techniques. I love this Sweet Italian Baked Chicken recipe for a few reasons: it’s easy to prepare, cooking time is under 30 minutes, and the best is that it only contains 3 ingredients. That short list of reasons doesn’t take away from the fact that this baked chicken comes out of the oven so moist, sweet, and delicious.
It’s great to have easy recipes at your disposal when you haven’t a clue what to make. I realize that thawing out chicken has to be thought of and done before it is time for dinner to be prepared. That’s why I love using Perdue’s Perfect Portion Chicken Breasts. They’re individually wrapped and take no time at all to thaw. I can also easily only use as many pieces as I need.
This dish could’t be simpler to prepare – be sure to line your baking dish with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. The brown sugar will caramelize and burn on your baking dish making it hard to clean if you choose not to use the foil. Trust me, it’ll be easier to throw the dish away and buy a new one than scrub it clean. Been there, done that! Ha!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 (0.7-oz) packet Italian Salad Dressing (like Good Seasons)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- In a small, shallow bowl, combine the brown sugar and Italian dressing mix.
- Coat both sides of the chicken with the brown sugar mixture.
- Place in prepared pan and top chicken with any of the remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until your chicken is cooked through. During the last couple of minutes of cooking time, turn broiler on HIGH and broil chicken until brown sugar caramelizes, about 1 to 2 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on it as it can burn quickly.
Other Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes: