Celebrate the summer with this Fresh Fruit Salad that is coated with a delicious Honey Lime Dressing. This cool, sweet, and refreshing salad is summer in a bowl!
Summer fruits are an obsession with me. I love the colors, the freshness, and the sweet tastes of them. There is nothing better than eating them right from the containers or if you’re fortunate enough to have a green thumb, right from the fruit plant itself. I do not have a green thumb; therefore, I rely on my local farmer’s market to feed my obsession.
Most of the time, I have eaten the fruit, used them in smoothies, or froze them for future use before I can even think about making a fruit salad.
Recently, I went overboard with the amount of fruit I purchased at the farmer’s market and after gorging on more than my share, I decided to make this simple and delicious Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing. Ya’ll, it’s out-of-this-world. It’s full of freshness and flavor. Why did I wait so long to do this? You’ve got to try this!
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges in juice, drained well
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1½ cups blackberries
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp lime zest (zest of 2 medium limes)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- **The Dressing is best over the fruit salad when poured and tossed just before serving.
- Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together they honey, lime zest and lime juice. Pour over fruit just before serving and toss to evenly coat.