Ice Cream has its own holiday and if you need an excuse to have your favorite flavor of ice cream, this is the day for that! If you aren’t aware of this
official day, let me give you a quick history lesson. In 1984, President Reagan recognized America’s love of ice cream and the impact ice cream has on the dairy industry, jobs and the economy. He did as Presidents can do and made an official Proclamation (number 5219, to be exact) declaring July to be the month of ice cream. I think he just wanted an entire month to eat ice cream and there’s nothing wrong with that at all, in my opinion.
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie—Take several scoops of salted caramel ice cream and top it with chocolate chips, pretzel pieces, and plenty of pecans.
- Birthday Cake—Start with a base of cake batter ice cream and then put some rainbow sprinkles and buttercream frosting or whipped cream on top.
- Monster Cookie—Peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter sauce, colorful chocolate candies, chocolate chips, and raisins will make this ice cream combination taste like the cookie you grew up eating.
- Apple Pie a la Mode—Vanilla bean ice cream would be nicely complemented by sliced baked apples and a dash of cinnamon.
- Coconut Candy—Toss some shredded coconut and sliced almonds on chocolate chip ice cream and you have a combination that will taste like a coconut candy bar.
- Iced Mocha—Coffee ice cream with hot fudge or chocolate syrup and some whipped cream will make you feel like you’re at your favorite coffee shop.
- Strawberries and Cream—Vanilla bean ice cream topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream will make for a creamy, dreamy dessert.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake—To create this dessert, use dark chocolate ice cream as a base and pour on homemade chocolate ganache. A light drizzle of raspberry sauce will help to cut the decadence by bringing in the bright tang of raspberry into the mix.
- Lemon Bar—Lemon ice cream with crumbled graham crackers and sugar cookies will strike the perfect balance between tart and sweet.
- Turtle—One scoop of caramel ice cream and one scoop of chocolate ice cream topped with caramel sauce, hardened chocolate shell, and pecans will taste like your favorite treat!