Red, White, and Blue Decked Out Brownies are the perfect patriotic summer treat Fudgy brownies filled with chocolate and M & M candies topped with marshmallows, more candy and drizzled with white chocolate.
I don’t know what I love more about these Red, White, and Blue Decked out Brownies – all the chocolate goodness or the marshmallows melted into the fudgy brownies. It’s all good. This will sure to fill that sweet tooth craving! Last year M&M’s had a s’mores crunch candy and they tasted so good; however, apparently they aren’t out this year or I would have totally used those delightful candies in this recipe.
The recipe for these decked out brownies is super simple and you can use a boxed brownie mix, just be sure it’s the “family-size” box or just do what I do in a pinch, use two boxes of the 9×9 recipe but bake them in a 9×13 pan. You may have to adjust baking time if you do.
- 1 box Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (family-size)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ⅔ cup oil
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 oz) bag Red, White, and Blue M&M's, divided
- 2 oz. white melting chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick spray.
- Follow the directions on the box for the brownies, using the water, oil, and eggs.
- Stir in chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and ¾ of the bag of M&M's. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until tester comes out with fudge crumbs.(During baking time, the marshmallows will rise to the top of the batter) Let cool.
- Once the brownies are cooled, melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until smooth. Be sure to not overheat the white chocolate.
- Drizzle over cooled brownies and top with remaining M&M's. Cut into squares.