Enjoy this Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte anytime by making the coffee-house drink at home. Using real pumpkin, spices and coffee will have you making this warm fall favorite anytime the craving hits.
I’ve already confessed I love all things pumpkin so this should not be a surprise that I love pumpkin spice lattes but hate paying the price for one at the coffee shops. Not to mention you can only get the yummy flavor when it’s in season. Making them at home, I can have them anytime I want to and each one probably costs pennies to make…like maybe 25 cents. This recipe makes enough to have two lattes – one for you and one to share, if you want to share that is.
Since this recipe uses only about a quarter cup of pumpkin puree you will have plenty left. My suggestion would be to freeze the remaining pumpkin in quarter cup portions in freezer-proof containers or freezer bags for when that urge to make this wonderful pumpkin spice latte again. Pumpkin puree can be refrigerated for 1 week in a covered container, can be frozen up to 3 months. If frozen, it may appear separated and curdled, by stirring it will bring it back together and will not affect its taste.
Back to this delightful latte, I have to warn you that the steamed pumpkin milk and all of the spices added to it, will not totally dissolve and you may see some settling at the bottom of your mug. This is normal for this recipe as it uses natural ingredients not any sugary flavored syrups. I’ll take the settling any day over more sugar.
Cozy up with a good book and this pumpkin spice latte and enjoy your day!
- 2 cups coffee strong, freshly brewed
- 1 cup almond milk you can use any kind of milk you wish
- 1/4 heaping cup pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sweetener of choice to taste (splenda, stevia, agave, sugar, etc.)
- nutmeg for garnish, optional
- whipped cream for garnish, optional
- Have your coffee freshly brewed and hot so that it is ready to go once you have made the steamed pumpkin milk.
- Make Pumpkin Milk: Combine in a small bowl and whisk well by hand or use a blender the almond milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla. Taste to see if you need to add sweetener.
- Warm the Pumpkin milk by microwaving it for 30 seconds then whisk the milk mixture and then heat another 45 seconds with a final whisking. Warming the milk on the stove is also an option.
- Pour 1 cup of brewed coffee into a mug and pour half the pumpkin milk mixture over the top of the coffee and enjoy. Give it a good stir.
- The other half of the pumpkin milk mixture is for you to make another latte to share or keep in the refrigerator for seconds for yourself. It will keep a few days in the refrigerator.
- Optional: Finish by garnishing with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg.
- Source: adapted fromAverie Cooks