Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is a hearty meal loaded with everything you love about a classic stuffed pepper - ground beef, rice and bell peppers, all in a tomato-based broth.
- 2 lbs. grass-fed lean ground beef cooked and grease drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Bell Peppers chopped (various colors)
- 2 cans 24.5 oz Fire-Roasted Tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups organic unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked rice
Place cooked ground beef in bottom of crock pot.
In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute onion until soft, about 2 - 3 minutes.. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
Add the onion and garlic to the crock pot.
Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the rice.
Mix well, and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Check at the 4 hour mark to see how the peppers are doing. You still want them to have some bite to them and not be mushy.
Serve over rice