Meatless Monday - Cucumber Tomato Salad
Take advantage of the summer's fresh cucumbers and tomatoes and put together this simple and delicious Cucumber Tomato Salad. There are endless ways to customize this summer salad but I am partial to the basic recipe as I feel it brings out the flavors of the vegetables without a heavy dressing or to many other seasonings.
- 2 cucumbers peeled and sliced thin
- 1 small onion sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup of a good olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red-wine vinegar
- garlic powder to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3-4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- add salt to taste if you feel the need to (I never do)
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
Chill for at least 20 – 30 minutes before serving.