Easy Southern Succotash
Packed with healthy vegetables like Lima beans, yellow squash, and corn this easy Southern Succotash recipe makes for the perfect potluck or holiday side dish.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups frozen corn (fresh can be used)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, diced
- 1 whole orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 - 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 small yellow squashes, seeds removed and diced
- 2 10 oz bags of frozen Lima beans
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Heat a large skillet with the olive oil medium heat.
Add frozen corn to the skillet and saute until the corn is thawed and starting to turn lightly brown. Add in the onion, peppers, and garlic - saute until a couple of minutes, or until the onions and peppers begin to soften.
Add the Lima beans and squash ; cook uncovered stirring occasionally, until the squash is tender-crisp, about 8 - 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste; and toss in fresh thyme.