Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Recipe
Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Recipe will easily become a family favorite. Comfort food at it's best. Enjoy this copycat soup recipe from Olive Garden at home.
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage (or spicy turkey sausage)
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 - 5 medium russet potatoes, diced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 - 3 cups baby kale (or 1 bunch kale with stems removed and torn into small pieces)
In a skillet, over medium-high heat, brown and crumble the Italian sausage until almost cooked (5-8 minutes). Add the diced onion and minced garlic and cook until the sausage is cooked through, about 3 more minutes. Drain grease from skillet.
Add the cooked sausage mixture to a 6 quart slow cooker. Add in the diced potatoes and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper. I don't use much salt but season to your tastes. Give the soup a stir and cover. Cook on LOW for 4 - 5 hours or on HIGH for 3 - 4 hours. The potatoes should be fork tender at this point.
Once the potatoes are cooked, add in the kale and cream, stirring to combine. Cook another 30 minutes, then serve.