Fancy Chicken Salad with Apples and Grapes
This Fancy Chicken Salad with Apples and Grapes with toasted pecans makes for a sweet, crunchy, and delicious light meal.
- 6 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
In a large bowl, add chicken, fruit, celery, and pecans.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, celery salt, and onion powder; stir well.
Pour dressing over chicken and fruit mixture, mixing well until combined.
Refrigerate for at least two hours or until ready to serve. Serve on crackers, celery sticks, croissants, or your favorite bread.
Tips, Tricks, and FAQs
- You can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or cook your own chicken at home.
- Use salt and pepper, to taste.
- Replace mayonnaise with avocado mayo, if desired.
- Green grapes can be used, if you prefer.
- The kind of apple used is up to you, Honeycrisp is also delicious to use.
- Add diced onion, or whatever else you like.
- Serve on bread, rolls, as a wrap, or with crackers.
- It can be made a day ahead.
- This recipe does make quite a bit, you can half the recipe easily.