Apple Stuffing Muffin Cups
Apple Stuffing Muffin Cups are individual portions of stuffing that are easy to make and serve. Each stuffing muffin has a crunchy bite and full of classic flavors. Great way to serve them for your holiday dinners.
- 1 6 ounce box of stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium apple - peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray regular-size muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Prepare stuffing as directed on the box. While the stuffing is setting up, melt the butter in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add in the diced apples, celery, and garlic. Saute until the apples are tender, about 5-8 minutes. Turn off heat. Add the stuffing to the large skillet with the apples and celery, give it all a good stir.
Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Allow to cool in pan a few minutes, so they won't fall apart when you remove them.
- What kind of apple do you use? I used a granny smith, but honey delicious or macintosh are great too.
- Add in cooked sausage, or even bacon.
- Herbs such as parsley, thyme, or sage are wonderful to add in.
- Diced onion can be added with the apples and celery.
- Make your own stuffing to use instead of the boxed variety.