Quick and Easy Green Beans and Bacon Skillet
This Quick and Easy Green Beans and Bacon Skillet is a perfect last minute side dish for any holiday dinner or weeknight dinner. In under 10 minutes, this dish is ready to serve.
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 2 ounces (1/2 package) real bacon pieces, OR 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) French Style cut green beans, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a cast iron skillet, over medium heat, add butter, garlic, shallot and bacon to pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't cook this dish over high heat as you may burn the garlic.
Add green beans and cook, stirring often until the beans are heated through. Garnish with parmesan and serve immediately.
Tips, Tricks, and FAQs
- You can use canned, frozen or fresh green beans.
- If you prefer, you can fry bacon the day before to use in this recipe. Using store bought already cooked bacon pieces is what I use.
- Don't cook this dish over high heat, you may burn the garlic
- If you're using fresh green beans, you may need to add a few minutes to cooking time to get the beans cooked
- Thaw and pat dry frozen greens, if using.
- Serve immediately.
- Reheating isn't recommended.