Chocolate Cake Mix Donuts
Whether you have these Chocolate Cake Mix Donuts for breakfast or a snack, they are sure to be delicious. Easy to make with a few shortcuts, a sweet glaze, and of course - sprinkles!
Servings: 18 donuts
For the donuts:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray donut pans with nonstick cooking spray and set them aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, egg, vegetable oil, and water. Mix until combined.
Using a piping bag or a large ziplock bag, fill the donut pans up about 3/4 of the way with donut batter.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the donuts are baked all the way through.
Let them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze: Combine the powdered sugar, half and half and the vanilla extract. Spoon the glaze over the tops of the donuts. Top with sprinkles. Allow to set before serving.If your glaze it too thick, add a bit more half and half. Or, if it's too thin, add a bit more powdered sugar.
Tips, Tricks, and FAQs
- Not a chocolate fan? Use whatever flavor cake mix you like.
- Other toppings in place of the sprinkles can include chopped, nuts, crushed cookie pieces, small candies, etc.
- Can use milk or your choice of milk in place of the half and half.
- Flavor the glaze with melted chocolate or another extract flavoring.
- No donut pan? No problem! Use some aluminum foil to make a donut mold, which will help to bake donuts into the right shape, with the hole in the middle.