Easy Cowboy Caviar Recipe
This Easy Cowboy Caviar recipe is loaded with beans, black eyed peas, and fresh vegetables, all tossed in a delcious homemade dressing. Enjoy this coloful and hearty dip with plenty of tortilla chips.
Servings: 12 servings
small bowl or mason jar
large mixing bowl
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapenos, plus 1 tablespoon of the brine (juice)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
For the salad
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed (fresh corn can be used)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- tortilla chips, for serving
In a bowl or jar, mix together the ingredients for the dressing.
In a large bowl, toss together the ingredients for the salad. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
Cover the salad and refrigerate for two hours prior to serving.