Stove-Top Chicken Noodle Soup
Stove Top Chicken Noodle Soup with vegetables is a simple and delicious meal for any night of the week, makes more than enough for a family of four, and costs less than $5.50. Leftovers are great for lunches the next day.
- 1 lb chicken breast or tenders diced into bit-sized pieces
- 32 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 8 oz rotini pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large dutch oven pot or stock pot, add the chicken broth, water, and diced chicken.
Season with a little salt and pepper (once the chicken is cooked, you can taste to see if more is needed)
Bring to a boil, and let simmer for at least 30 - 45 minutes.
Once the chicken is fully cooked, add the frozen vegetables and pasta. Taste broth for seasonings. Bring to a boil again and let simmer until pasta is cooked and tender.