Vegan Fire-Roasted Tomato and Bean Soup
This vegan tomato and bean soup only takes 30 minutes to make, is full of flavor, and makes a great vegan weeknight meal.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced finely
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, heat 2 tsp olive oil and saute onion over medium heat until softened. Add garlic and dried basil, and let cook for one minute, be sure not to burn the garlic.
Add vegetable broth and fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans. Stir to combine.
Cover and bring to a light boil. Let simmer for 15 minutes, then add the baby spinach. Let cook another 2 minutes, or until spinach is slightly wilted.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.