This vegan fire-roasted tomato and bean soup only takes 30 minutes to make, is full of flavor, and makes a great vegan weeknight meal.
I love tomato soup and could eat it every day without getting tired of it, especially in the colder months. Though, I can eat it on a 100 degree day too. I’m weird like that. I really was craving tomato soup but wanted to change it up a bit to make heartier for our meatless Monday meal. Typically, tomato soup is made with pureed tomatoes, herbs, chicken stock and cream, or at least that’s how I make it. For this recipe, I wanted it be vegan so I used vegetable broth, and omitted the cream. I also added fresh spinach and cannellini beans to make it a hearty soup.
It turned out so delicious and only took 30 minutes to cook! I love quick meals, bonus if they are healthy! Hubby and I have gone back to Paleo meals, but we are adding beans occasionally. This was a perfect meal. Leftovers heat so well, and it freezes great too.
I am joining a few wonderful blogger friends today to share vegan recipes for a #Veganuary event! We have delicious recipes to share with you. Even if you aren’t a vegan (and I am not), but want a meatless meal, or just want to have a few healthier dishes in your recipe collection, you will love these recipes. Look for the links below the recipe for this simple and delicious Vegan Tomato and Bean Soup.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”This vegan tomato and bean soup only takes 30 minutes to make, is full of flavor, and makes a great vegan weeknight meal. #vegan #soup #Veganuary #VeganForADay #tomato #healthy #goodeats” quote=”30 minutes is all it takes to get a delicious healthy soup on the table.”]
Vegan Fire-Roasted Tomato and Bean Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced finely
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tsp olive oil and saute onion over medium heat until softened. Add garlic and dried basil, and let cook for one minute, be sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add vegetable broth and fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans. Stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to a light boil. Let simmer for 15 minutes, then add the baby spinach. Let cook another 2 minutes, or until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
#Veganuary Recipe Round Up
Vegan Recipes for #Veganuary
- Vegan Burrito Bowls with Jackfruit Carnitas by The Baking Fairy
- Baba Ganoush by Lemon Blossoms
- Creamy Vegan Curry Bean Soup by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Delicata Squash Fries with Chipotle Garlic Dipping Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Instant Pot Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by The Live-In Kitchen
- Instant Pot Chipotle Sofritas by Herbivore Cucina
- Moroccan Eggplant with Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Veggies with Satay Peanut Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Scrambled Tofu with Sweet Potato & Kale Hash by The Spiffy Cookie
- Vegan Artichoke Hummus by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Vegan Baked Oats and Vegetable Bites by Cook With Renu
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwiches by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Vegan Cannellini Rocket Tortilla Pizza by The Fiery Vegetarian
- Vegan Cookie Dough Energy Balls by Veggie Lexi
- Vegan Cranberry Apple Chickpea Salad by Join Us, Pull Up A Chair
- Vegan Fire-Roasted Tomato and Bean Soup by Blogghetti
- Vegan Khoresh Bademjan by Palatable Pastime
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff with Tofu by Simple and Savory
- Vegan Superfood Breakfast Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Vegan Thai Roasted Carrots with Peanuts by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Vegan Vanilla Chai Oatmeal by Fairyburger
- Vegetable Chettinad (Vegan Spicy Vegetable Curry) by Flavours Treat
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!