Broccoli and Ham Quiche
This quiche is loaded with broccoli, ham, and cheese and is delicious for any meal of the day. Easy to make and can use leftover ham and vegetables from your refrigerator. #eggs #quiche #ham #broccoli #stopfoodwasteday
- `1 deep dish 9-inch pie crust (I used a frozen deep dish pie shell)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces (leftover broccoli works as does frozen broccoli)
- 2 tbsp diced bell peppers (I used various colors)
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (use your favorite cheese, I used a nacho cheese blend)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prick bottom and sides of frozen pie shell with fork; place on foil-lined tray. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Set aside.
While pie crust is prebaking, steam the broccoli until just crisp tender. Do not cook through or the broccoli will be mushy when cooked in the oven.
In a small frying pan heat the olive oil and saute the peppers and onions until just soft. Set aside.
In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cream together.
Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
Pour egg mixture into prebaked pie crust.
Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake quiche about 45 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow quiche to cool 30 minutes before slicing and serving.