This quiche is loaded with broccoli, ham, and cheese and is delicious for any meal of the day. Easy to make and can use leftover ham and vegetables from your refrigerator.
Every quiche recipe can be tailored to whatever meat, cheese, or vegetables you have on hand. You can turn your favorite omelets into a quiche as I did with this Western Omelet Quiche. Quiche is simply a baked egg pie. Eggs and heavy cream whipped together as the base, then add your fillings and bake in a pie shell until done.
This broccoli and ham quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch, and dinner. Not only can you add the ingredients you like, it’s the perfect recipe to use leftovers in. Today is National Stop Food Waste Day and what better way to celebrate than to share a delicious recipe using leftovers! Plus, I’m joining a few of my Festive Foodie bloggers and sharing their recipes too. You’ll find the list of other delicious dishes at the end of this post.
For those that want a meatless quiche, leave out the ham and add a bit more broccoli to turn this into a delicious broccoli quiche. I do this now and then when we have quiche for dinner on Meatless Mondays.
How to make this easy broccoli and ham quiche recipe
This easy ham and broccoli quiche recipe will change your mind about making quiche, if you thought it was hard to make. Give it a try! The hardest part is deciding what to put in the quiche!
You want to bake your deep dish pie crust a few minutes (I use a frozen one) before you fill it with the egg mixture. Be sure to prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust with a fork so it will not bubble up.
As with most of my recipes, I like to gather all the ingredients and chop any that need it before I begin to cook. In the this recipe, I whisked the eggs and the cream together.
I steamed the broccoli until it was crisp tender (don’t cook it all the way or it will become mushy in the oven). Saute the peppers and onion until soft and diced the ham into small pieces. Next, add the ham, broccoli. onions, peppers, cheese, and salt/pepper to the egg mixture and give it a good stir.
Pour the egg mixture into your prebaked pie shell and bake in oven until done.
Allow ham and broccoli quiche to cool for about 30 minutes before slicing. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled. Personal preference.
Broccoli and Ham Quiche
- `1 deep dish 9-inch pie crust (I used a frozen deep dish pie shell)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces (leftover broccoli works as does frozen broccoli)
- 2 tbsp diced bell peppers (I used various colors)
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (use your favorite cheese, I used a nacho cheese blend)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prick bottom and sides of frozen pie shell with fork; place on foil-lined tray. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Set aside.
- While pie crust is prebaking, steam the broccoli until just crisp tender. Do not cook through or the broccoli will be mushy when cooked in the oven.
- In a small frying pan heat the olive oil and saute the peppers and onions until just soft. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cream together.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Pour egg mixture into prebaked pie crust.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake quiche about 45 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow quiche to cool 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
National Stop Food Waste Day
- 4 ways to use leftover mashed potatoes by Frugal & Fit
- Empanada Nachos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Broccoli and Ham Quiche by Blogghetti
- Antipasto Smothered Chicken by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- How To Make Vegetable Broth with Scraps by The Spiffy Cookie
- Buttermilk Bread by Making Miracles
- Chicken Meatball Pasta Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!