Creamy Macaroni Coleslaw Salad
It doesn't get much better than combining two classic and favorite summer salads with this Creamy Macaroni Coleslaw Salad. It's a crunch, creamy salad perfect for all of your summer cookouts.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, measured when dry
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and sliced into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 pkg (14 oz) coleslaw mix
For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water and then place in a large bowl.
While pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing by whisking and combining the mayo, sugar, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, and poppy seeds. Set aside.
Add the chopped veggies and the coleslaw mix to the elbows, toss to combine.
Pour dressing over the salad and toss until all the ingredients are well coated. Cover tightly and allow to chill thoroughly in the fridge for at least 2 hours before enjoying. Toss again right before serving.