It doesn’t get much better than combining two classic and favorite summer salads with this Creamy Macaroni Coleslaw Salad. It’s a crunch, creamy salad perfect for all of your summer cookouts.
If you are a fan of macaroni salads and coleslaw, you are going to love this recipe! My family absolutely loved this and couldn’t get enough of it. We love coleslaw and pasta salads, so this seemed like a no-brainer to make.
It’s nearly the beginning of the cookout season and this Creamy Macaroni Coleslaw Salad will be a delicious side dish to bring to your next summer event. It’s an easy salad to make, just be sure to make it a few hours before you are serving it so that the flavors will have time to meld.
You are also going to want to check out more yummy cookout recipes from #OurFamilyTable Facebook group at the end of this post.
How to make Creamy Macaroni Coleslaw Salad
As with any of my recipes, I find it easier to gather all my ingredients together before starting to cook. In this case, I find it best to prepare the dressing in a bowl so that’s ready when you toss the salad. Also, chop all the vegetables while the macaroni is cooking.
Toss all the ingredients before adding the dressing, this helps to make sure everything is distributed and will be covered with the delicious salad dressing.
Creamy Macaroni Coleslaw Salad
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, measured when dry
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and sliced into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 pkg (14 oz) coleslaw mix
For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water and then place in a large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing by whisking and combining the mayo, sugar, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- Add the chopped veggies and the coleslaw mix to the elbows, toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss until all the ingredients are well coated. Cover tightly and allow to chill thoroughly in the fridge for at least 2 hours before enjoying. Toss again right before serving.
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Packs by Family Around the Table
- BLT Pasta Salad by Making Miracles
- Creamy Macaroni Coleslaw Salad by Blogghetti
- Dijon Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Shrimp Piccata by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Tuna Steaks by That Recipe
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs by Sweet Beginnings
- Hoop Dee Doo Revue Cornbread by Simply Inspired Meals
- Korean Grilled Tuna by Palatable Pastime
- Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Orange Pesto Skirt Steak by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow-Cooked Memphis-Style Ribs by Books n’ Cooks
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!