Slow Cooker Calico Baked Beans
Slow Cooker Calico Baked Beans are the perfect side to make for your next BBQ or cookout. Made with ground beef, three different kinds of beans, and bacon all slow cooked to meld the flavors to perfection.
- 8 oz bacon (10-12 slices)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 2 cans (15 oz each) pork and beans (do not drain)
- 2 cans (15 oz each) butter beans (or Lima beans), drain and rinsed *I used 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can (15 oz) light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a skillet, fry up the bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels and then chop cooked bacon into small pieces; set aside.
Drain the grease from the skillet, and then brown the ground beef until it's just about cooked, add the chopped onion. Cook until the onion is softened and ground beef is cooked through. Drain off excess grease, if necessary.
Add the ground beef and onion to slow cooker, along with the bacon.
Add all the beans, ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, and vinegar to slow cooker. Give it all a good stir to combine, add salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and Cook on low for 3-5 hours. Serve.