Vegetable Tortellini Soup
This quick and easy soup is loaded with cheesy tortellini, healthy vegetables, and perfect for your meatless meals.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock or broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
Heat oil in large stock or Dutch oven pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and let cook for a minute or two, be sure not to burn the garlic.
Stir in tomato paste.
Add stock, water, green beans, tomatoes, cannellini beans, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir tortellini. Cook about 5 - 6 minutes, and then add the spinach. Cook another 2-3 minutes, or until tortellini is done and spinach is slightly wilted. Serve.