This quick and easy soup is loaded with cheesy tortellini, healthy vegetables, and perfect for your meatless meals.
I don’t know about you, but I could eat soup any day of the year. Summer temps don’t discourage me from having a bowl, or two, of this Vegetable Tortellini Soup. This soup couldn’t be easier to make with simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. I don’t know what I love more about this soup, the tortellini with spinach or the fact that you can change up the vegetables with whatever you have on hand. For those who aren’t overly fond of meatless meals, you can even add cooked chicken to this cheese tortellini soup.
Making Vegetable Tortellini Soup
I like to start soup recipes by making sure I have all the vegetables prepped, chopped, sliced, or diced. You don’t have to thaw or cook the tortellini prior to making the soup so that makes this a perfect one pot meal, too. Using frozen vegetables is perfect for this soup.
I love using fire-roasted tomatoes in quick recipes, like this Vegan Fire-Roasted Tomato ad Bean Soup, since they give so much more flavor that regular diced tomatoes. Feel free to use whatever beans you prefer.
To keep this a vegetarian meal, I used vegetable stock, but if you have chicken broth and want to use that, go right on and do so. I prefer using unsalted stocks, so that I can control the amount of salt added. Cooking time is less than 30 minutes, which makes getting dinner on the table fast.
Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock or broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Heat oil in large stock or Dutch oven pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and let cook for a minute or two, be sure not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Add stock, water, green beans, tomatoes, cannellini beans, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir tortellini. Cook about 5 - 6 minutes, and then add the spinach. Cook another 2-3 minutes, or until tortellini is done and spinach is slightly wilted. Serve.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Clearissa Coward says
This looks so good. I love a good veggie soup. TFS