Easy 20 Minute One Pan Tuscan Tortellini Recipe
This easy 20 minute one pan Tuscan Tortellini recipe is perfect for meatless meals and for any pasta lover.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 6 - 8 stalks asparagus, chopping into thirds
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini (OR 2 (8 ounces each) packages fresh cheese tortellini)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- grated Parmesan cheese, optional
In a large skillet, saute diced onion and chopped asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
Add in 3 cans of fire-roasted tomatoes, drained, garlic, pinch of red pepper flakes, and salt/pepper to taste. Bump up the heat to medium-high and allow tomato mixture to cook for 5-6 minutes.
Add in the frozen or fresh tortellini; mix and allow to cook until the pasta is plump and cooked through. Usually about 3 - 5 minutes.
At this point you can add the spinach and let it wilt, about a minute.
Remove from heat and serve adding Parmesan cheese if desired.