This easy 20 minute one pan Tuscan Tortellini recipe is perfect for meatless meals and for any pasta lover.
One pan meals are essential in my house when the week is super busy. Especially ones that I have everything to make it with in under 30 minutes. This easy Tuscan tortellini skillet meal is just that coming in at 20 minutes. It’s also a recipe where you can change or add vegetables you have that may be nearing their expiration date. That’s what I did with the asparagus I added in this meal. For some reason I had just a few asparagus stalks in the vegetable bin and it wasn’t enough for a full side dish so in they went.
We try to do Meatless Mondays, though sometimes we fail or I forget it’s Monday. It happens. This tortellini skillet recipe fits the meatless dish and also if you really wanted to add meat, you can add leftover chicken, turkey, or even broken up meatballs to it.
Only 6 Ingredients in this Tuscan Tortellini Skillet Recipe
Using fire-roasted tomatoes in recipes is a staple in my house. You easily substitute regular diced tomatoes but I love the smokiness of the fire-roasted tomatoes, especially in this recipe. I always have tortellini in the freezer for recipes like this easy vegetable tortellini soup. Refrigerated tortellini is perfect for this skillet meal, too. Like I mentioned above, I had some asparagus to use up so in it went plus spinach, garlic and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Leftover green beans, broccoli, or zucchini would also be delicious in this one pan meal.
How to Make this Easy 20 Minute One Pan Tuscan Tortellini Recipe
In a large skillet, saute diced onion and chopped asparagus with a little olive oil over medium heat.
Add in 3 cans of fire-roasted tomatoes, drained, garlic, pinch of red pepper flakes, and salt/pepper to taste. Bump up the heat to medium-high and allow tomato mixture to cook for 5-6 minutes.
Add in the frozen or fresh tortellini; mix and allow to cook until the pasta is plump and cooked through. Usually about 3 – 5 minutes.
At this point you can add the spinach and let it wilt, about a minute.
Remove from heat and serve adding Parmesan cheese if desired.
Easy 20 Minute One Pan Tuscan Tortellini Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 6 - 8 stalks asparagus, chopping into thirds
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini (OR 2 (8 ounces each) packages fresh cheese tortellini)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute diced onion and chopped asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in 3 cans of fire-roasted tomatoes, drained, garlic, pinch of red pepper flakes, and salt/pepper to taste. Bump up the heat to medium-high and allow tomato mixture to cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the frozen or fresh tortellini; mix and allow to cook until the pasta is plump and cooked through. Usually about 3 - 5 minutes.
- At this point you can add the spinach and let it wilt, about a minute.
- Remove from heat and serve adding Parmesan cheese if desired.
What to Serve with this Easy 20 Minute One Pan Tuscan Tortellini Recipe
Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
Easy Homemade Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Mini Garlic Monkey Bread
Easy Garlic Knots
Other One Pan Meals You May Enjoy
One Pot Lemon Orzo – 30 Minute Meal
Cheesy Tri-Colored Tortellini Skillet Bake (Meatless)
Braised Tuscan Pork Chops (Paleo and Gluten-Free)
Turkey Taco Skillet – One Pan
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Leave a Reply