30 Minute Two Bean Tomato Soup
This 30 minutes two bean tomato soup is hearty, healthy, easy, and delicious. Soup to warm you up and leave you feeling satisfied.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups vegetable stock, unsalted
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3/4 cup orzo (uncooked)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
Be sure to drain and rinse your beans before adding to the soup.
In a Dutch oven pot or stock pot, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add diced onion and let saute for about 2 minutes and then add 1 cup frozen sliced carrots. Saute until carrots are softened and onions are tender. Add in 3-4 cloves of minced garlic, basil, and oregano; and let saute for 30 seconds.
Add 6 cups vegetable stock, fire-roasted tomatoes, and beans. Bring to a boil, add orzo. Cover, reduce heat to simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until orzo is cooked. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Stir in 3 cups of spinach and let wilt for two minutes before serving.