This 30 minutes two bean tomato soup is hearty, healthy, easy, and delicious. Soup to warm you up and leave you feeling satisfied.
Did you know that today is National #SoupSwap Day? I’m joining a few awesome bloggers to share some delicious soup recipes. Be sure to check them all out. Links are at the end of this post.
I can eat soup every day and not tire of it. Seriously. Every day. Last year for #SoupSwap day I shared this Slow Cooker Creamy Potato and Ham Soup. The recipe makes a lot of soup and I happily ate the leftovers for like two days after.
It’s the same with this easy 30 minute two bean tomato soup, leftovers are perfect for lunches the next day and this soup does freeze well, also.
This soup is vegetarian friendly and would be perfect for your meatless meal days.
How to Make 30 Minute Two Bean Tomato Soup
Be sure to drain and rinse your beans before adding to the soup.
In a Dutch oven pot or stock pot, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add diced onion and let saute for about 2 minutes and then add 1 cup frozen sliced carrots. Saute until carrots are softened and onions are tender. Add in 3-4 cloves of minced garlic, basil, and oregano; and let saute for 30 seconds.
You can replace the vegetable stock for chicken stock if you aren’t concerned about the soup being vegetarian.
Use whatever canned beans you prefer.
Change out the spinach for kale.
Add zucchini or yellow squash for more vegetables.
Change out the orzo for another small short pasta
I used frozen carrots, but you can also dice up fresh carrots to use.
Other Soup Recipes You May Enjoy
30 Minute Two Bean Tomato Soup
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups vegetable stock, unsalted
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3/4 cup orzo (uncooked)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Be sure to drain and rinse your beans before adding to the soup.
- In a Dutch oven pot or stock pot, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add diced onion and let saute for about 2 minutes and then add 1 cup frozen sliced carrots. Saute until carrots are softened and onions are tender. Add in 3-4 cloves of minced garlic, basil, and oregano; and let saute for 30 seconds.
- Add 6 cups vegetable stock, fire-roasted tomatoes, and beans. Bring to a boil, add orzo. Cover, reduce heat to simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until orzo is cooked. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in 3 cups of spinach and let wilt for two minutes before serving.
National #SoupSwap Day Recipes
Happy National Soup Swap Day! Today, I’m linking up with other bloggers for a virtual soup swap hosted by Kate’s Recipe Box – and we’re all sharing some tasty soup recipes to warm you up!
- Dill Pickle Soup from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Alphabet Soup from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Dairy Free Cream of Asparagus Soup from Frugal & Fit
- Quick Vegetable Soup from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Clean the Refrigerator Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Garlic Soup with Potatoes, Kale, & Bacon from Savory Moments
- Cream of Mushroom Soup from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- 30 Minute Two Bean Tomato Soup from Blogghetti
- Vichyssoise from That Recipe
- Rotisserie Chicken Alphabet Soup from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chicken and Black Bean Vegetable Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Potato and Spinach Soup from Magical Ingredients
- Conch Soup from HomeMadeZagat
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow-Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Corn Chowder from House of Nash Eats
- Lobster Bisque from The Redhead Baker
- Bacon-Cheddar Cauliflower Chowder from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hong Kong Style Spam & Egg Macaroni Soup from Making Miracles
- Cauliflower Cheddar Soup from Devour Dinner
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup from Hostess at Heart
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!