Slow Cooker BBQ Green Beans
Slow Cooker BBQ Green Beans are sweet and tangy, easy to make, and perfect for cookouts or as a side with your weeknight dinner.
- 6 - 8 cups fresh green beans, ends snipped. Cut larger beans in half. (OR you can use 4 (14.5 oz.) cans green beans, rinsed and drained)
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings (OR 2 tablespoons butter)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sonny's Sweet BBQ sauce)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like)
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat 2 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened.. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
Place green beans and onions in slow cooker. Then pour BBQ ketchup mixture over them.
Mix everything together until incorporated, then top with crumbled bacon
Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-5 hours.