Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice is pure comfort food made in your crock pot. It’s a dinner that’s easy to make, hearty, and delicious.
This meal requires very little prep and while your crock pot is doing all of the work you can attend to other tasks. For me, this meal meant I could continue working on writing a grant for a class I was taking. Knowing dinner was already in the works, kept me on task with my studies.
That’s my life right now – studying, writing papers, and more studying. The journey to get this degree finished has begun and I can’t tell you how thrilling it is for me. Hard work, yes, but I’m in it for the long haul.
Now, this cream chicken and wild rice casserole is a meal oozes comfort food. Add a vegetable side and dinner is done. I realize the recipe uses a prepackaged rice and condensed cream of chicken soup – but trust me – it’s good food.
You can make your own Cream of Chicken Soup, or any creamed soup by using this recipe. I often will make it to use in this recipe and many other ones that call for creamed soups. Making your own means you control the salt and other seasonings.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice is your dinner answer. Creamy, hearty, and delicious food. #chicken #rice #dinner #slowcooker #crockpot” quote=”Comfort food comes in all forms, and this Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice is one of our favorites”]
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup (low sodium)
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup Marsala wine or chicken broth (you can even just use milk)
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) box of Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice
- Pepper to taste
- Spray crock pot with non-stick spray. Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, milk, and wine (if using) - mix well. Add the onion, pepper, rice and seasoning packet, mix together well. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice is pure comfort food made in your crock pot. It's a dinner that's easy to make, hearty, and delicious.
*Recipe originally posted May 3, 2014 and images were updated 2-28-19.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!