This is the traditional holiday pumpkin pie for my family. This classic recipe has been on Libby’s® Pumpkin can labels since 1950. So, a pie that has been around that long, has to be great, right?! This pie is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. Just mix, pour, bake for a delicious homemade tradition.This year, I didn’t make the pie – my daughter, Valerie did and she did a fine job for it being her first time.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- dash nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can 15 oz. Libby's® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can 12 fl. oz. Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch 4-cup volume deep-dish pie shell
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves, and dash nutmeg in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate leftovers.