If you haven’t fired up your grill yet, this Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp Skewers recipe is the perfect excuse to start. The shrimp is perfectly grilled with a garlic butter and lemon juice marinade that has just a little kick from cayenne pepper and a hint of Parmesan cheese.
This is a sponsored post by Chef Shamy. All opinions are my own.
It’s #CookoutWeek and I’m starting off with this simple and delicious grilled garlic butter shrimp skewers recipe. I’m just going to put this out there, right up front, and tell you that this is no ordinary garlic butter. It’s Chef Shamy Garlic Butter. If you haven’t ever tried this butter, run – now – to your store and get a few tubs. It’s amazing on nearly everything I have tried it on. But – this shrimp – and that butter – it’s outrageously good. I have never used Chef Shamy products until they were gracious enough to be one of this year’s #CookoutWeek sponsors. They sent the participating bloggers two containers of their butters. I’m so glad they did because I’m going to be a repeat customer with their butters. When your slogan is “Make the World a Butter Place®”, you know it’s gotta be some good stuff!
Some interesting facts about Chef Shamy butters:
- the butter contains no oils and is clean label
- they use 100% butter
- their savory butters can be used in keto recipes
- good up to 2 years frozen (can be refrozen and re-refrigerated)
- good up to 1 year unopened in your fridge
- good up to 6 months after opening in your fridge if you use clean utensils
- for more information on shelf life, go here.
For this grilled shrimp recipe, I used the Garlic Butter with Parmesan and Basil, along with fresh lemon juice and cayenne pepper. I served the shrimp with roasted green beans and rosemary roasted potatoes. The Garlic Butter is also super yummy drizzled over popcorn and when you add a bit of it to a cooked steak, it’s just a bit of heaven, in my book.
Thanks to Chef Shamy, you can use this discount code (10BUTTER10) on Amazon to get a 10% discount on their products. The code is good until July 4, 2018.
Here’s the recipe for the Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp Skewers and a good tip when using wooden skewers is to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using them on the grill. Cuts down on the wooden skewers burning. Be sure to enter the #CookoutWeek giveaway here, and don’t forget to scroll down to see all of the recipes #CookoutWeek bloggers are posting today!
- metal or bamboo skewers
- 2 - 3 lbs shelled and deveined, tail-on large shrimp
- ½ cup Chef Shamy’s Garlic Butter with Parmesan and Basil, melted
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to suit your tastes)
- 1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes. This will help so that the skewers don’t burn too much while grilling the shrimp.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Rinse the shrimp with water, pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice together. Save some of the mixture for grilling and to drizzle over the cooked shrimp.
- Combine the shrimp and the garlic butter mixture together. Thread the shrimps onto the skewers (4 or 5 on each.)
- Grill the shrimp on a grill, about 2 minutes per side or until shrimp is cooked through. Brush the garlic butter mixture on both sides while grilling.
- Serve immediately.