Dinner is easy with this healthy and delicious Tex-Mex chicken foil packet. Cooked over the grill, campfire, or in the oven; it’s sure to be a family favorite.
Welcome to the August Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop! The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate all the participants of this hop (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen! So this month, I chose to make a Tex-Mex chicken foil packet dinner from this pin. The recipe is from Taste of Home and her site is amazing. Previously, I have tried (with great success) these pins: Homemade Banana Cream Pie and Kielbasa, Peppers, and Potato Hash.
This meal turned out wonderful and everyone in the family enjoyed it. I did make some changes to the recipe to suit our tastes and what I had on hand. I love foil pack meals for that very reason – you can suit everyone’s tastes. Have someone who doesn’t enjoy onions or spicy isn’t their thing? Omit that from their foil packet. Easy Peasy.
For this meal, I added roasted red peppers (from a jar) cut into strips and red onion slices. I also used a homemade fajita seasoning over the chicken instead of the seasonings in the original recipe. I did include the black beans, corn, and salsa. With the homemade fajita seasoning, I indicated in the recipe to use 1-2 tablespoons; however season to your tastes. You may use less or more.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Tex-Mex Chicken Foil Packet Recipe #PinterestChallenge
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn about 10 ounces, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 roasted red bell pepper cut into strips (or 1 red bell pepper cut into strips)
- 1 small red onion sliced into strips
- *4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4 ounces each – see note
- 1-2 tbsp homemade fajita seasoning
- 1 cup shredded taco blend cheese or whatever cheese you prefer
- 2 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees or preheat grill.
- Lay four 15x12 inch pieces of heavy-duty foil on your prep surface.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn and salsa. Divide evenly among the four pieces of foil.
- Top each packet with a few roasted red pepper and onion strips.
- Place chicken breasts over the top of vegetables. Sprinkle fajita seasoning over chicken. Fold up the long sides of the foil over chicken, and then seal tightly. Then, seal up the two smaller sides.
- Place packets in a 425 degree oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is done (165 degrees). OR – grill over medium heat for the same amount of time.
- Open foil packets carefully to allow the steam to escape.
- Top with cheese and green onions.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
To join next month’s #pinterestchallenge, click here to sign-up ⇒ September Pinterest Challenge.
Now let’s see what other things Pinterest inspired! Head over and visit the other hosts to see what they crafted, cooked, built, or tried!
Erlene – My Pinterventures • Jenny – Cookies Coffee and Crafts
Alexandra – EyeLoveKnots • Joanne – Our Unschooling Journey
Chelc – Inside The Fox Den • Erin – The Usual Mayhem
Beverly – Across the Boulevard • Lynne – My Family Thyme
Laurie – My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies • Lydia – Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
Gail – Purple Hues and Me • Leslie – Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After
Lauren – Mom Home Guide • Emily – Domestic Deadline
Debra – Shoppe No. 5 • Roseann – This Autoimmune Life
Terri – Our Good Life • Lisa – Blogghetti
Kelli – The Olympic Nest • Rebecca – Hello Central Avenue
Bri – Halfpint Design • Cherryl – Farm Girl Reformed
Julie – Sum of their Stories • Habiba – Craftify My Love
Shirley • Intelligent Domestications