These are the most moist and delicious homemade carrot cake cupcakes ever. Each cupcake is filled with shredded carrots, crushed pineapples, and coconut flakes. So much goodness.
Welcome to this month’s Food Fight! Fantastical Food Fight is a group of bloggers who will get a theme or ingredient each month and make some sort of variation for it. It could be traditional or nontraditional recipe from a cookbook, a blog, or the blogger’s own creation. This is my first month participating and I lucked out! This month’s theme is Carrot Cake! You can see the other blogger’s creations at the end of this post.
I’ve never made carrot cake, eaten my share of it, but never have I made one from scratch. Armed with a new cookbook, with the perfect recipe for carrot cake, I was ready! I went with the cupcake form of carrot cake and they turned out simply delicious. The hardest part (and it really wasn’t hard) was to shred the carrots. Yes, I could have used a food processor, but I found using the grater was just fine and less clean up too.
The recipe is simple to follow and the cupcakes turn out moist and full of flavor. I used this cream cheese frosting recipe to top each of the cupcakes.
[clickToTweet tweet=”These are the most moist and delicious homemade carrot cake cupcakes ever. #carrotcake #homemade #cake” quote=”These are the most moist and delicious homemade carrot cake cupcakes ever.”]
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Homemade Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pound carrots shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and sugar together until light and yellow in color. This takes about 3 minutes.
- Then, stir in carrots, pineapples, coconut, and pecans.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, combining after each addition.
- Fill the muffin cups about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake for 22 - 26 minutes. Test with a toothpick, and note that when lightly touched, the cake will spring back a bit. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting and decorate as desired. Makes 24 cupcakes
- Recipe from the Cookbook, Daisy Bakes Cakes.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!