Homemade bagels are easy to make using only a few ingredients, and an air fryer. Perfect for breakfasts and sandwiches, plus the bagels can be frozen for later.
This post and giveaway are sponsored by Hamilton Beach. I have received the a Hamilton Beach Air Fryer for review, however, all opinions are my own. #ad #HamiltonBeach
If you ever thought about making your own bagels but stopped when you read the recipe directions and how detailed they were. There’s rising of the dough, and boiling the dough, then baking them. It’s all an day thing. Don’t get me wrong, I love baking bread and will do so all day long. If I am in the mood for a bagel, I sort of want it then and not later. It’s easier to go buy one from the store.
This recipe is going to blow your mind! Seriously, when I first saw the recipe, I was totally jumping up and down with joy. Not only can you make these bagels in 15 minutes using an air fryer, but you can also make them in the oven in about 30 minutes. I’m all for that 15 minute bagel, my friends. Plus, making them at home, you can season (or not) the bagels however you wish. Everything seasoning, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, cinnamon & raisins, and on and on.
Simple ingredients are in these, too. Flour, baking powder, Greek non-fat yogurt, and a tiny bit of salt. Egg wash the tops of the bagels if you want, season and bake. Simple. You’ll just be amazed at how light, tender, and delicious they are.
Secret: I’ve made them three times in two days. There were zero left after two days.
Another secret: This Hamilton Beach Air Fryer is amazing, and makes great bagels, wings, fries, and so so much more. I can’t stop using it.
Let’s talk about Air Fryers, shall we?
Air Fryers, simply put, are compact convection ovens. They circulate hot air around a basket that holds your food. The Hamilton Beach Air Fryer is an easy-to-use countertop appliance that produces crispy food quickly with less fat than a deep fryer. Click here to purchase directly from Hamilton Beach and receive free shipping!
Five Reasons to Love the Hamilton Beach Air Fryer:
- Great Taste with Little to No Oil
- Fast Powerful Cooking
- Six Pre-Programmed Settings
- Easy to Clean
- Large Capacity
The Hamilton Beach Air Fryer would make a great gift for anyone that loves to cook and entertain!
More Features of the Hamilton Beach Air Fryer
- Achieve a crispy fried texture when cooking a variety of foods, from French fries to steak.
- The electric air fryer is quick and easy to use with no preheating necessary. Select either a pre-programmed setting or a time and temperature up to 400 degrees.
- One touch is all it takes to cook French fries, chicken, seafood, steak, baked goods and veggies.
- Nonstick food basket is removable to easily hand wash.
- Large air fryer cooking basket holds 2.5 liters.
Homemade Bagels Recipe
Making bagels usually involves boiling the dough, but this recipe eliminates that process. Since this recipe has very few ingredients, you most likely have everything to bake these bagels.
You’ll need to whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Then add the nonfat Greek yogurt and mix together with a fork. I have only use Greek nonfat yogurt for this recipe.
Lightly flour your work surface, and then knead dough until it’s smooth and not sticky. The dough should not stick to your hands when you pull away. It usually takes about 20 times kneading for the dough to be ready.
Divide the dough into four equal portions, roll each into about a 3/4 inch thick rope. Join the ends.
Brush with beaten egg. Add your seasonings, if using and then bake in the air fryer for 15 minutes. Don’t crowd them in the air fryer basket. I can get two in my basket easily.
Once the bagels are done, remove and let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before slicing. If you want to bake them in the oven: preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with a slipmat or parchment paper. (spray parchment with non-stick spray). Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes.
Easy Air Fryer Homemade Bagels
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Greek non-fat yogurt I used Stoneyfield
- 1 egg beaten
- seasonings for bagels like: everything seasoning poppy seeds, sesame seeds, etc. (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the yogurt, mix well with fork until it looks like small crumbs.
- Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Knead dough until it's smooth and not sticky. (about 20 times, the dough shouldn't stick to your hands when you pull away)
- Divide dough into four equal pieces, roll each piece into a 3/4 inch thick rope. Join ends.
- Brush with egg wash, and top with seasonings, if desired.
- Place in air fryer, be sure not to crowd them, so bake in batches.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and let cool about 15 minutes before slicing. The bagels will still be a little warm.
- To store: place in a plastic bag and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. To freeze, slice cooled bagels in half and wrap individually in plastic wrap and then in freezer safe container. To eat: thaw and pop into toaster.
- To bake in oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a slipmat or parchment paper. (spray parchment with non-stick spray). Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Recipe from Skinny Taste
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!