Slow Cooker Chili
The Best Slow Cooker Chili ever! Made with a homemade chili seasoning that easily adaptable for every heat level from mild to hotter than hot.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can 15 oz PLUS 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 jar 8 oz salsa I used mild but use what you like)
- 2 tbsp Homemade Chili Seasoning Mix add more of less to taste
- 2 cans 15 oz light red kidney beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: shredded cheese green onions, sour cream, etc)
In a large skillet brown the ground beef over medium heat.
Add the onion and green bell pepper when ground beef is just about cooked through.
Saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion is tender and meat is cooked through.
Add the garlic and let cook about 2 more minutes. Drain grease.
Place meat mixture in the crockpot.
Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the toppings) to the crockpot.
Mix well and taste to see if you need to add more seasoning.
Cover and let cook for about 4-5 hours on low.
Inspired and adapted from AllRecipes.com