Sloppy Joe Stuffed Baked Potatoes – a new twist on a classic. Baked potatoes stuffed with an easy stove-top sloppy joe mixture makes for a healthy and easy weeknight dinner.
This is probably one of my favorite ways to use the leftovers from my Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes recipe. Stuffed baked potatoes with the saucy beef mixture is a meal or if you prefer add a tossed salad to go with it. It also is a change from serving the Sloppy Joes on rolls. You can add your favorite baked potato toppings such as chopped green onions, shredded cheese, or sour cream.
If your short on time or can’t use a slow cooker, this skillet sloppy joe recipe (without the tator tots) is perfect and you can bake the potatoes in the microwave. I never did care for baking potatoes in the microwave so I opt for the grill or oven. Which ever way you choose, you can’t go wrong with this easy recipe.
- 1 batch of Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes (or leftover sloppy joes)
- large baking potatoes (as many as you need for your dinner)
- toppings: shredded cheese, chopped green onion, sour cream, etc.
- Bake potatoes using your preferred method: microwave, oven, or grill
- Heat up the Sloppy Joes, if using leftovers.
- Slice cooked potatoes in half and spoon Sloppy Joes on top of potatoes.
- Add your toppings, if desired.