Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is a hearty meal loaded with everything you love about a classic stuffed pepper – ground beef, rice and bell peppers, all in a tomato-based broth.
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It does not change the price you pay. , I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too.
I’ve been on a soup kick this month and it isn’t stopping yet. This slow cooker stuffed pepper soup was made from leftovers and vegetables that needed to be as they were nearing their last days. I love that I was able to use leftover rice from another meal plus already cooked ground beef that I had in the freezer. I had purchased ground beef in bulk a month or so ago and divided it up. Some I froze raw, some I browned up and froze for meals such as this soup, and the rest I browned up and added taco seasoning before freezing.
I’m joining some food bloggers to share our best Soups, Stews, and Chilis with you. Get ready to drool over what we’re bring to the table. The recipes are listed below the recipe for this stuffed pepper soup.
Tips to making this recipe:
As I mentioned, if you have already cooked ground beef, it takes a bit of time off of the recipe. If you are browning your ground beef, be sure to drain (or rinse) the grease off of the meat.
I like to add the rice to each serving bowl of soup versus adding in the soup. Rice, like pasta will absorb liquid so leftover soup may not have as much broth as you think. It’s not a must because you can always add a bit more broth to thin it back out.
If you would like to freeze this soup, do so but without the rice for the same reason as above. I like to freeze the soup in individual containers. Makes it easy to grab and go for lunch.
I like to use chicken stock in tomato-based soups, but this recipe would be great with beef broth as well.
- 2 lbs. grass-fed lean ground beef, cooked and grease drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Bell Peppers, chopped (various colors)
- 2 cans (24.5 oz) Fire-Roasted Tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 cups organic unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked rice
- Place cooked ground beef in bottom of crock pot.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute onion until soft, about 2 - 3 minutes.. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and garlic to the crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the rice.
- Mix well, and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Check at the 4 hour mark to see how the peppers are doing. You still want them to have some bite to them and not be mushy.
- Serve over rice
Some of my favorite “tried and true” items used in this recipe:
Soups, Stews & Chili Round Up
Bison Chili by Simple And Savory
Black Eyed Pea and Collard Greens Soup by Palatable Pastime
Chicken Cacciatore (Hunters Stew) by Delaware Girl Eats
Chicken Chili by Cindys Recipes and Writings
Easy Cheeseburger Soup by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Lemony Greek Chicken Soup by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup by Blogghetti
Tomato Tortellini Soup by Sweet Beginnings
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!