Easy Apple Dumplings are the answer to your dessert or snack cravings. Simple, sweet, and filled with the flavors of apple pie all baked up in a crescent roll.
It’s raining here; actually, it’s been raining more than not the last few weeks. I know it’s better than snow but it makes for gloomy days. I didn’t have much on my schedule to do outside of the house so I’m not letting it get to me.
I spent the morning catching up on Pretty Little Liars and then it was time to get to the assignments for my Personality Theories class. This class is becoming my favorite despite the BIG paper I’ll need to write developing my own personal theory. The professor is probably one of my favorites as she is making this class so interesting. I registered thinking it was just going to be a repeat of ALL the theories I have already learned about but I needed the class. I was SO wrong! The professor digs deep into each theorist’s life and draws upon their life experiences to show us how each came up with their psychological theories. So fun to learn such personal information about each rather than hearing a monotone lecture about the stages of the theories.
I got caught up in my assignments that I realized I needed to plan dinner. Well, the chicken is thawed out. Progress! I am actually thinking past dinner to dessert! How often do you have dessert after dinner? We rarely have dessert after dinner, but sometimes we are all craving a little something sweet.
I have a tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls in the refrigerator that I need to use up and ONE apple. It got me thinking of a recipe that I made a very long time ago – once – and never made again. We all loved this simple, sweet, apple dumpling dessert so I can’t comprehend why I never made it again. So, tonight we’re having dessert! I think perhaps the next time I will use crescent rolls to make crescent roll peach cobbler.
Easy Apple Dumplings
- Flour for dusting
- One 8 oz. can of crescent rolls
- 1 Honeycrisp apple granny smith works well too
- 1 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Mountain Dew
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Peel and core the apple and cut it into 8 wedges. Slice each wedge into 3-4 thinner slices.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold the rolls.
- Place 3-4 slices of apple on the wide edge of each piece of dough an roll up.
- Place dumplings in a 9-inch baking pan
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the sugar and cinnamon over medium heat. Once the sugar and butter are melted, stir in the Mountain Dew.
- Remove sauce from heat and pour mixture on the dumplings.
- Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Serve warm.
- Recipe adapted from Pillsbury