Lemon Basil Grilled Pork Chops are bursting with flavor from the quick 20 minute marinade and then grilled to perfection. Healthy, tender, and moist; this pork chop recipe is perfect for everyday dinner.
Do you grill out when it’s cold? We do and we try not to let the fact it gets dark super early stop us from using the grill. If you’ve followed the blog for any length of time, you will note that my family’s love for pork chops is on the “eh” side. I’m slowly turning my husband around though and with this Lemon Basil Grilled Pork Chop recipe, it’s was a no-brainer that he would enjoy it. Of course, if grilling in the cold or dark isn’t your thing, then use a stove-top grill pan, skillet, or broil the pork chops in the oven.
You can marinate the chops for longer than 20 minutes and most times I let them do their thing all day in the refrigerator. Some nights I just don’t have the time (or remember to do so) and I let them marinate for 20-30 minutes while I am prepping the rest of dinner.
Fresh lemon juice, basil, and garlic are best in this recipe but again, in a pinch for time (or lack of the fresh ingredients) I have used bottled lemon juice and dried basil. Always on hand is a jar of minced garlic! It really is just a matter of what you have on hand.
Lemon Basil Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork loin chops about 1-inch thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves chopped finely
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, basil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix well.
- Spread both sides of the pork chops with the marinade mixture and let the pork chops set for about 20 minutes. (Alternatively, you can refrigerate marinated pork chops for up to 6 hours – allow the chops to come to room temp before grilling, about 30 minutes.)
- Preheat grill and then grill pork chops for about 5-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees (you can use a stove-top grill pan, skillet or broiler.)
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.