This Banana Streusel Bundt Cake is a perfect way to use up those very ripe bananas you have just laying around. The cake is simply delicious, moist, and you won’t believe it came from a boxed cake mix!
I don’t even know how to tell you just how scrumptious this Banana Streusel Bundt Cake is. Or, how totally amazing the Cream Cheese Frosting is when added to this cake. Not to mention, how the pecans add just the perfect little extra crunch to the whole delicious dessert. Maybe I’ll just tell you to try it for yourself; I promise you won’t be disappointed.
This cake went so fast in my house – I barely got to eat the slice I cut to photograph! Typically I just drizzle the cream cheese frosting over bundt cakes, but this cake seemed to want more than just a little drizzle. Okay, that’s a bit of a lie. You see, I was multitasking while this cake was cooling and when it was time to drizzle the frosting, I lost my head and thought I was frosting a cake that I was planning to make next. Well, the death of that brain cell was the best decision for this Banana Streusel Bundt Cake. The extra frosting was perfect! Hence, not a crumb was left in sight.
Now, another confession – this cake is only semi-homemade. I used a cake box and added some items from my pantry to “doctor” the cake up. You would never know the moist and flavorful cake came from a box. Then there’s the Best Cream Cheese Frosting recipe ever – I’ve used it for years and it has yet to disappoint me, or anyone!
If there had been any of this Banana Streusel Bundt Cake left I would have had a slice for breakfast, or as a treat with afternoon coffee.
- 2 cup large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup when mashed)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 oz) box vanilla instant pudding
- ½ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Cream cheese frosting (I use this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan, set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer on low speed, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add mashed bananas and mix well on medium speed for about 3-4 minutes.hen beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Using half of streusel mixture, sprinkle into bottom of your prepared bundt pan.
- Pour half of cake batter into pan, gently spreading over the streusel mixture.
- Next, sprinkle with remaining streusel mixture and cover with remaining batter.
- Using a knife, swirl the batter in a figure 8 patterns through the layers.
- Bake at 325°F for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack for 25 minutes, then invert onto rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, frost or drizzle with cream cheese frosting.