I have to tell you, while I love to bake I don’t get to do it nearly enough. So, when a recipe is as easy as this Pumpkin Spice cake is, I am reminded that baking doesn’t have to be a huge production. The cake itself is made from only 3 ingredients, ya’ll! Adding the spiced glazed that I do is totally optional but it does bring the cake to another level of deliciousness.
If there is any seasonal flavor that I look forward to it is pumpkin. I am that person – that person that says “give me all things pumpkin.” It doesn’t even need to be fall for me to have this delicious cake. I always have canned pumpkin and cake mixes in the pantry for when the craving hits for something sweet but I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. This Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake serves a dual purpose, at least in my house – it’s great for dessert but just as wonderful with a cup of coffee for breakfast.
This simple & easy 3 ingredient Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake is topped with a spiced glaze and chopped pecans.
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
- 1 box spice cake mix any brand
- 1 15 oz can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Combine in large bowl, the cake mix (dry), pumpkin, and eggs.
- Mix with a electric or stand mixer till combined.
- Pour evenly into the bundt pan and bake 30 - 35 minutes or until done.
- Let cool in pan about 15 minutes before inverting to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before adding the glaze and pecans.
To make the glaze:
- Combine ingredients for glaze except for the pecans. You want the glaze on the thick side so start with the 1 tablespoon of milk and go from there, adding a little more till you have the consistency you want. Drizzle over cake and top with chopped pecans.
- Let set a few minutes till glaze has hardened then serve.
Incredibly moist Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake topped with a spiced glaze and pecans – a perfect sweet treat.
Cake was moist and delicious. I pan roasted the pecans then Caramelized with brown sugar. Was awesome. Made for a coworkers birthday. Big hit.
The caramelized roasted pecans sounds yummy!
This cake is sooo good – I did add pumpkin instant pudding and 1/4cup oil but wow it was gone…