Another easy crockpot meal for your recipe files. Chicken and kielbasa (or smoked sausage) with rice and a few other ingredients
make this a no-fuss meal for anytime. You know I love my crockpot so when I was planning my menu for the week I had a craving for Jambalaya but wanted to use the crockpot as it has been crazy busy lately. I wasn’t disappointed with the slow cooking process of this dish, it smelled wonderful as I walked in the door in time to add the rice and get some rolls ready to make for dinner.
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound kielbasa, sliced (I like to use Hillshire Farms)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- ½ to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp.dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- about 4 cups cooked white rice or cooked instant rice
- In a crockpot:
- Mix together all ingredients except the rice (it will be added later.)
- Cover, and cook 6 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High.
- Mix in cooked rice cook the last 20 - 25 minutes, or until rice is heated through.