What could be simpler than brownies with conversation hearts? Whether you make your brownies from scratch or from a box (with a little extra something-something), this simple addition takes the them a step up to cute. Make your brownies as you would usually do and place a few of the conversation hearts on top of the batter. They will sink in a little bit as the brownies bake.
Over the years, I have made brownies from scratch and it’s just one item that I cannot seem to get the way I want them so I tend to resort to the boxed variety but I always add ingredients to the batter. I’ve been asked to bring them to most work potlucks, in fact I was usually signed up to bring them before I even thought about what to bring. Adding different kinds of baking chips (extra chocolate, white chocolate, mint, butterscotch,etc) or pouring chocolate chips onto of the hot baked brownies to melt and then harden to a gooey yummy frosting – all spruce up the boxed mixes. Be creative with the little touches!
These brownies are sure to win your Valentine over!
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix ( I love Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownies in the family size box for the 13x9 pan size)
- all of the ingredients that recipe on the box calls for
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- conversation hearts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the brownies according to the instructions on the back of the box
- Pour into a lightly greased pan (pan size will differ depending on the size called for on brownie mix)
- Place conversation hearts on top of batter a couple of inches apart. No need to press them down as they will slightly sink in as the brownies bake.
- Bake as directed on box.
- Let cool before cutting.