This Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board is a fun and festive way to serve a variety of sweets and snacks for the special people in your life.
Just think about this Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board as part of the perfect date night at home dessert. After a wonderful dinner, pop in a movie and graze on this dessert board.
Charcuterie boards are a big hit in our house, so much so that sometimes they are dinner and dessert. I love that you can put together a delicious and yes, healthy grazing board with something for everyone.
Why Make a Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board?
Why not? It can be great idea for a date night or a family movie night. Making a charcuterie board isn’t complicated and you can definitely use what you have on hand in creating your edible masterpieces.
What is a Charcuterie Board?
When you think of a Charcuterie, you may think “cheese and meat board” and essentially that is right. Charcuterie is a display of cured meats. Its popularity is still high and includes not just meats and cheeses but other delicious accompaniments that pair well with meats and cheeses such as fruit, olives, nuts, jams, and spreads.
With a dessert charcuterie, you can add cookies, candies, and other sweets along with the meats and cheeses for that “sweet and salty” mix.
Tools to Make a Charcuterie Board
- a serving board or large tray
- serving utensils like forks, spoons, tongs, etc.
- small serving bowls for dips, jams, and spreads
Assorted red and/or white meats, snacks, candies fruits, dips, and/or cheeses like:
- Red grapes
- Prosciutto-wrapped cheese
- Sliced or cubed cheese
- Sesame crackers
- Water crackers
- Valentine’s Day sugar cookies
- Valentine’s Day popcorn
- Valentine’s Day OREO truffles
- Valentine’s Day candy
- Small containers
- Large cutting board or platter
How to Make a Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
I wanted to use the items I had on hand to make mine which included these frosted sugar cookies and this white chocolate popcorn. I added some other sweet treats plus fresh fruit, slices of salami, and prosciutto-wrapped cheese sticks. The list of items to have on your grazing board is up to you and what you like (and have).
Choose a board or serving dishes for the charcuterie board. Place loose ingredients (small candies, loose berries, etc.) into bowls or individual dishes. Place those bowls on the board or buffet first.
Arrange other items around the bowls. Add assorted tongs, forks, and spoons where needed. Labeling some of the food items may be a good idea This is especially helpful with the different kinds of cheeses.
Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
- Fresh fruit such as watermelon, strawberries, red grapes, or raspberries
- Prosciutto-wrapped cheese
- salami slices
- sliced or cubed cheeses
- Valentine's Day frosted sugar cookies
- Valentine's Day white chocolate popcorn
- Oreo truffles
- various small Valentine's Day themed candy
- Choose a board or serving dishes for the charcuterie board. Place loose ingredients (small candies, loose berries, etc.) into bowls or individual dishes.
- Place those bowls on the board or buffet first. Arrange other items around the bowls. Add assorted tongs, forks, spoons, etc around the board.
More Ideas to Add to your Valentine’s Day Charcuterie
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!Enjoy!