This Slow Cooked Meatloaf will be the only one you will ever need! It’s perfectly moist, flavorful, and super easy to make in the crock pot.
Since switching to WordPress blogging platform I have had only a few technical problems (knock on wood) and one has been that some posts haven’t shown up after the move. I can see them but you cannot. That means – it’s like a brand new post for YOU! This recipe is one of those posts.
The first time I made Meatloaf in the Crock Pot, I was excited mainly because I didn’t have to turn on my oven in the already hot kitchen for an hour. Mid-summer temperatures in Georgia – not fun. After tasting the Meatloaf, I was super excited because it was so good! Sometimes meatloaf can be dry and tough but this was NOT! I vowed at that moment to not make Meatloaf any other way from that point on, if possible.
I served my Meatloaf with my recipe for The Most Amazing Oven Roasted Corn-on-the-Cob and baked potatoes. A good tip for cooking in Crock Pots is to spray the inside with non-stick spray. Makes for easy clean-up. There is no need to add any liquid to your Crock Pot when making this recipe. The Meatloaf will produce enough liquid to keep it moist and flavorful.
Let’s get on with the recipe!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (of course you can use a combination of beef and sausage or even ground turkey)
- 1 small onion (about ⅓ cup), diced very finely
- 4 tbsp bell pepper, diced very finely (I like to use red and green)
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅔ cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Spray the inside of crockpot with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 9 ingredients. Shape meat mixture into a loaf and place in crockpot.
- No additional liquid is required.
- Cook on low for 5½ hours.
- Mix in small bowl the remaining 4 ingredients for the topping until smooth. Spread over meatloaf and turn crockpot up to high. Cook for 15 minutes more.
- Remove to serving platter and serve.