This Cinnamon Streusel Banana Bread has all the flavors and textures that you love about coffee cake and banana bread in one delicious loaf. The topping for this quick bread has almonds and a flavorful vanilla granola.
Every time there are very ripe bananas in my house there is an expectation to make this banana bread. Friends and family often request this delicious bread from me and even have brought me bananas to do so. There are rare times when I will use those bananas to make this Cinnamon Streusel Banana Bread. Typically I will use a walnut, flour, oatmeal and brown sugar mixture on top of the bread but this time I wanted something a bit different.
Just so happened that I had a bag of Sweet Home Farm’s French Vanilla Granola in the pantry and knew it would be the perfect topping. I love that the wonderful people at Attune Foods thought to send me the French Vanilla AND the Maple Pecan granola to try. Both flavors of granola have 27 grams of whole grains and low sodium. Not only are Sweet Home Farm’s products healthy for you but they are also a non-GMO product. That makes me happy. Back to the French Vanilla granola and this yummy bread. The granola has vanilla flavorings and sliced almonds with the rolled oats. I didn’t add anything to the granola before I generously topped the quick bread batter with it. It baked up beautifully to a crisp golden brown while the Cinnamon Streusel Banana Bread was super light and moist.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of Sweet Home Farm's French Vanilla Granola
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5x3 loaf pan with nonstick spray and then line with parchment paper and spray that as well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine and beat on low speed the oil, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Add in mashed bananas and blend together.
- A little at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until it's combined. Do not over mix.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ⅔ cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon.
- Pour and spread ½ of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle all of the cinnamon sugar mixture over top.
- Pour and spread the rest of the batter over the cinnamon sugar layer.
- Sprinkle granola over the top of the batter in an even layer.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
P.S. The granola is great in smoothies, on top of muffins, and as a topper on yogurt or ice cream.