This perfect banana bread recipe makes a moist, tender, banana bread every time. The recipe is so easy and it’s our family’s favorite banana bread recipe.
- 3 large very ripe bananas, plus ½ of one banana
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick butter), softened at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream (or light sour cream)
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped pecans (or walnuts) - optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and put a rack on the middle shelf. Butter and flour a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork, leaving a bit of texture to them.Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, use a hand electric mixer or stand mixer to cream the ½ cup of butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in the mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and gently stir in pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!