The tangy-sweet flavor combination in this Spicy Maple Glazed Grilled Chicken is pure deliciousness and is ready in less than 20 minutes.
I can’t believe I haven’t shared this chicken recipe with you all before! Since eating healthier on a Paleo diet, I’ve realized that many of my recipes are easy to adapt or were already Paleo. Makes cooking a whole lot easier for my family. I don’t know about you, but sometimes when I make something “new” they are critical of it because it’s something I have not made before. I tend to roll my eyes but do take their comments and either tweak the recipe or ditch it altogether.
So, since hubby and I have been eating Paleo I have found out he doesn’t care for cauliflower mashed potatoes ( I know, right!! They’re good!) and he will not ever like sweet potatoes. However, he’s been a trooper with trying whatever I make and for that I am thankful. This spicy maple glazed chicken recipe is one that we both love and can’t get enough of because it’s simple to make, super delicious, and totally paleo. I have made this one many times before Paleo hit our lives so I was extra glad it was something we didn’t have to give up.
The flavor combination of the maple syrup and spicy brown mustard is just wonderful. Tangy, yet a hint of sweetness and it cooks in under 20 minutes! If you don’t have a grill (or the weather doesn’t permit grilling), you can use a grill pan, skillet, or roast in the oven. If you roast the chicken in the oven, turn on the broiler the last couple of minutes to let the glaze do its thing and become a bit caramelized.
You don’t have be on a Paleo diet to enjoy this Spicy Maple Glazed Grilled Chicken, you just have to love good food!
- 4 chicken breasts (I like to use Springer Mountain Farms cage-free chicken or use whatever chicken you have)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Whisk maple syrup, mustard and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Brush on chicken and grill until done – brush on the glaze a few times while chicken is cooking, about 5-6 minutes per side -depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.